Wednesday, March 26, 2008

First True W.I.P. of Sam Smythe



Well here is the first true W.I.P. of Sam Smythe for the Conceptart.org chow! haha. I have another design I want to explore, then I will be able to choose which one I take further. This is my first attack at something cartoony in a couple years, so it has been fun. Um only a couple hours for this. And that includes itteration on just this piece of line art. It has been fun. Now....back to sketchin.

p.s. those character bios that I did before I started doing anything with the pencil (wacom pen haha) Saved me soooo much time. I really recommend doing them. I never did it before, but It is saving me a world of hurt.

EDIT: So here is the second rough for this character, I like it better, I feel I was more warmed up. I know that i have dictated little to no form in these two pieces, that is next, I am just trying to get a process going. Baby steps....haha. The piece at the top is the second piece, the one underneath is the first lol. I know it's backwards sorry.

No comments: